05 February 2010

Fascination with Fishville

No, I am not blogging to say about my fascination with fishville or any of the long-term game applications found on FB, there's nothing wrong with them but I realised that I may "apply" and try and have fun with the application after a while, and in the end, I will just lose my fascination with it and dun bother about it. As much as this is a natural process for everyone, but I think my "attention" span for these games are shorter.. I am very amused by my friends and colleagues who are very into this game, but I cant find myself being engaged with it, I rather play BeJeweled or any of the other games that will be not require me attention or requires long-term maintanence....

Then suddenly, it dawned on me... Maybe I am a committment phobic? I do not want to develop a "commited" relationship with the fishes and stuff as I am scared of the commitment? this tot was on my mind for a few days... then I realised that nah, its just that i am nvr into this kind of games, I tried and I kind of got hooked for a while (e.g. Sims on Nitendo DS, Dogs on Nitendo DS and even the very old and ancient game called Hospital), I enjoyed the game while it lasted.. hahaha but now i felt that if I have the ability or time to shower more TLC, I would rather shower on my friends and family, i.e. my loved ones. I am definitely not commitment phobic as I always wanted a dog and I know that I would NEVER EVER give away my dog if I ever have one. That's also a reason why I have yet to get one as I do not have a place of my own and based on the hours I put into work, I can't shower the little pup with the kind of love and care it would need. It's very unfair, its just like bringing a kid to the world and not able to give him/her your utmost attention (i mean love, not $$$).

Frankly speaking, I am very tempted to try Fishville/Farmville/Restuarant City or whatever lah, what do you guys think? Should I???Hmmmm...

Anyway, more posts coming up soon, with the holidays coming, I will try to post some backdated stuff, like my holiday in KL/Malacca and our outing to musuem to view the Mummy exhibition.. etc...


Okie, think my only grouse is that I would like to be more commited to my blog, but I guess that since no one is reading it, I wouldnt need to update it so often.. heehee..:D

Am heading off to play BeJeweled!! lolz...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

Evil-Lin said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for your encouraging words.. hahaha.. will sure to blog and comment more. =p

As for the last concluding para, think I was trying to "explain" that I am not a commitment phobic juz coz I dun play Fishville. Digressed abit.. :p

And if I've got the time, I would spend the time on my loved ones, which are more pratical. Loving electronic fishes or pigs will nvr be the same as loving ur loved ones. If you only have 1 spare hour each day, would you rather talk to your family or feed ur fish? But this is just how i see it, am not slamming the pple who play these games.

And lastly, I also realised that it can be such an addiction and usually will cause me to lose focus on what is more important, i.e. my life. =)

Hope this explains my confusing ending. lolz

:) said...

u dun blog often cos no one reads ur blog or no one reads ur blog cos u dun blog often... i think its a chicken and egg thing... but since u cant ask pple to read ur blog first, maybe u can start by blogging more often... keke
:p